Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Personal Hat Tricks and the 2nd coming of Christ

I’m still on a Mike Rupp kick. Hey. It may never happen again, let the man have his day. But today is mainly because I laughed so hard at the interview with him on the radio earlier. I love that he said “Dan threw me over the boards”. Why do I have this visual of him holding tightly onto Billy as Disco pried the lovebirds apart and told him “Get out there damnit!” And he was so modest, as if he didn’t realize that he was thrown out there because the net was empty and clearly everyone wanted him to get the hattie. He was all “Oh well I was just going to chip it down the ice and it took some lucky bounces”

And, I love this….

Sidney Crosby had a hat trick on Saturday – he ended up with 12 garbage bags full of hats.
Mike Rupp had a hat trick yesterday – he ended up with 3-4 hats. Total.

Now, of course considering that Sid’s was on hat night at home – and Mike’s was on the road, in New York it all makes sense. But you know what Sidney Crosby? Eat your heart out. Because Mike can take his four hats, pack them into his carry-on, take them home and have PERSONAL SOUVENIRS of his one and only hat trick.

In fact, years from now? E-bay may be in his future! Can Sid say that? Nope. Because you know what, good luck packing 12 trash bags into that SUV of yours Sid. You can’t do it. But Mikey Rupp, you da man. And you have the hats to show it!

And on a more random note, as I spoke with a friend of mine who lives in Edmonton – who is NOT an Oilers fan I might add – I was told she wants to try to get tickets to the Oilers – Pens game. And naturally I was a bit surprised and asked “There? In Edmonton” And I loved this reply….

“Its just really hard to get tickets for Sidney in Canada, like for real, Jesus could go on tour here and it might not be as hard to get tickets”

Well, people HAVE always acted like Sidney Crosby is the 2nd coming of Christ…..apparently in Edmonton, they take that very seriously! Which reminds me...why don't American McDonald's have the cool hockey toys that Canadian ones do? So unfair.

2 comments: